Enlace is a strategic alliance of low-wage worker centers, unions, and community organizations in Mexico and in the U.S. We partner with our member organizations in international campaigns to motivate abusive multi-sector transnational corporations to treat workers and communities with dignity and respect.
Enlace uses an integrated approach to organizing, creating unique campaign strategies while developing systems strengthening organizations internally. Our strategies often cross industrial and sector lines for reasons relating to both workforce development and campaign strategy.
In addition, the Enlace Institute presents trainings in strategic organization development that were developed over the many years of learning through our campaigns. Our collaborative brainstorming processes are useful for virtually all work groups in base-building organizations.
We appreciate anything you can contribute to support our work to strengthen low-wage worker organizations. Follow the link to sign up for an automatic monthly donation or to make a donation online!
Enlace Executive Board
- SEIU- USWW Representative: Lino Pedres
- The Workplace Project Representative:
- Servicio, Desarrollo, y Paz (SEDEPAC) Representative: Elizabeth (Betty) Robles Ortega
- Tenants & Workers United (TWU) Representative:
- Dolores Street Community Services Day Labor Program and Women’s Collective Representative: Guillermina Castellanos
- Koreatown Immigrant Workers Alliance (KIWA) Representative: Alexandra Suh
- Sindicato Independiente de Trabajadoras y Trabajadores de la Industria de la Maquila (SINTTIM) Representative: Rosa Ceseña
- Sindicato de Trabajadores de Casas Comerciales, Oficinas y Expendios, Similares y Conexos del Distrito Federal-STRACC (Mexico City) Representative: Salvador Arellano
- Centro de Apoyo a la Mujer en las Maquilas de la Laguna, A.C. (CTRAMAC) Representative: Eva Padilla
- Emeritus: Salvador (Chava) Bustamante
Enlace Institute Advisory Board
- Jon Liss
- Joann Lo
- Ken Margolies
- Nadia Marin Molina
- Cristian Ponce
- Gaspar Rivera-Salgado
- Lee Schore
National Prison Divestment Campaign Steering Committee
- Corazon de Tucson Representative: Raul Alcarez
- Tennessee Immigrant Rights Coalition Representative: Gaby Benitez
- National People’s Action Representative: Veronica Castro
- PAZ Representative: Joe Deras
- Grassroots Leadership Representative: Bob Libal
- Wisdom, Gamaliel Foundation Representative: David Liners
- Gen. Board of Church & Society, United Methodist Church Representative: Laura Markel Downton
- The Workplace Project Representative:
- PICO Representative: Brian Plum
- National Network of Immigrant and Refugee Rights Representative: Laura Rivas
- Florida Immigrant Coalition Representatives: Maria Rodriguez & Kathy Bird
- Detention Watch Network Representative: Emily Tucker
- Service Employees International Union Representative: Maria White
Communities United for People* Board of Directors
*Communities United for People (CUP) is the fiscal sponsor and parent organization of Enlace. Currently Enlace is the only project of CUP.
- Lee Schore, President Lee is the founding Executive Director of the Center for Working Life, which has developed curriculum and methodology in peer training and support for workers suffering from plant closures and layoffs. She has written books on this subject that have been used by many states in the Rust Belt and by the governments of Poland and Hungary. Lee is the President of CUP.
- Andrea Cano, Vice President Andrea is the director of the Latino Network and a coordinator of Latino Ministries and Justice Ministries in the United Church of Christ. She is also currently a pastoral candidate in the UCC. Andrea is the Vice-President of CUP.
- Peter Cervantes-Gautschi, Secretary Peter is the Executive Director of Enlace and the Secretary of CUP.
- Amanda Aguilar Shank Amanda has been organizing with the Rural Organizing Project since 2008. She has a depth of experience organizing for trade justice, with unions in rural Oregon and around the country, and with the Christian Base Communities of El Salvador.
- Kathy Coon Kathy is a retired warehouse worker who has been a long-time community activist and rank-and-file union leader in the Teamsters Union in Sandy, Oregon.
- Dan Petegorsky Dan was the Executive Director of the Western States Center and a Program Officer for the Peace Development Fund. He is now a Senior Fellow at the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy.